Sunday, November 27, 2011

Cheating, Challenges & Changes!

I've been really struggling this month, in fact I've only lost 1 lb in 3 weeks!  But, I'm pretty sure I KNOW why....I've been eating too much Peanut Butter.  I'm allowed 1 TBL per day, but I've been eating up to 1/4 cup or more per day.  I'm sure this has taken me out of ketosis because of the amount of sugar in PB.

I got through Thanksgiving ok.  We went to Joe & Donita's house and Joe fixed a turkey without basting with butter, so I had a turkey leg and some green beans.  I skipped all the trimmings for the first time in decades.  Thanksgiving has always been my favorite holiday because I am addicted to food and it was the one day I felt empowered to give in to gluttony all day!  I even loved the turkey & mayo sandwiches for days afterwards.  Anyway, I feel great being able to stay On Program! 2 of our 5 grandkids ate with us, so it was really great! It was the older ones that are living away from home now, so it was extra special that they took time to be with us.  My granddaughter told me I looked like a new person!  What a great NSV!

I had quite a challenge tonight....attended the Christmas Show & Dinner of our Son-in-law's Magic Club. Tickets were $16 each, so I paid for the meal that consisted of Black Beans and Yellow Rice, Roasted Chicken, Roasted Pork, Platanos & Cuban Bread, along with various deserts. As we FF's (Former Fatties) know, turning down food we paid for is the hardest, but with the Lord's help, I only ate what I felt safe with, the Roasted Chicken. I waited until I got home to eat a salad.

Also, I need to come clean and admit that at my last weigh-in on Thursday I actually gained .1 lb! I've decided to re-start as if I'm just starting....no extras, no exercising for 3 weeks, just like I started out. (I began this on Friday!)


Week 1 = 12 lbs........ Week 11 = 2.9 lbs
Week 2 = 5.7 lbs....... Week 12 = 3.9 lbs
Week 3 = 3.3 lbs....... Week 13 = 3.2 lbs
Week 4 = 7.3 lbs....... Week 14 = No Change
Week 5 = 4.1 lbs....... Week 15 = 1.1 lbs
Week 6 = 1.9 lbs....... Week 16 = + .1 lbs
Week 7 = 5.4 lbs
Week 8 = .9 lbs
Week 9 = 4.5 lbs
Week 10 = 2.8 lbs






No comments:

Post a Comment