Friday, June 15, 2012

Chugging along in Maintenance.....Discovered the secret for me! Fiber & Protein!

I found out my problem was eating a rather large and tasty salad every day.  Granted this was a salad that could just have easily been used to feel a family of 5, but I was greatly enjoying it.  Meanwhile I wasn't losing any more weight.  So at the end of May, I checked my nutritional scorecard on MyPlate on Livestrong.com.  It showed that I was quite low on Fiber and Protein.  So, I changed my daily plan. 

For Breakfast I have 1 cup of Kashi GoLean Cinnamon Crumbles Cereal, with 1/2 cup of 1% milk.
For lunch I have a 4 oz grilled Hamburger on 2 slices of 100% Whole Wheat Brownberry Bread.
For Dinner I have a high fiber Spanish TV dinner, either Amy's or El Charrito brands.
I am averaging 1200 calories Net per day after subtracting for an average of 50 minutes walking.

On June 12 I saw 259.5 on the scale, the first time in decades I have been this low.  So, I have lost 88 lbs since Aug 5th and 108 since Feb 2011.  I have been in Maintenance since Feb 25, 2012.


No comments:

Post a Comment