Sunday, September 11, 2011

Dr. Wayne Andersen

On Thursday we went to Jordan Creek Town Center.  While Maryann was shopping, Darby and I walked around the interior of the mall.  After going around one time, we met my younger brother, Dan, and proceeded to go around another 2 times!  My brother says that 5 times equals 4 miles.  I know I walked for 45 minutes.

Went to my Dr. and my BP was 128/78.  He was happy with me being on Medifast and with the goal that I have set.  He said he would rather I pick a reasonable weight that I can maintain than an unreasonable one that will cause me to put it all back on again!

On Friday, I attended the Seminar put on by Dr. Wayne Andersen, co-founder of Take Shape For Life (TSFL). It wasn't exactly what I was expecting, mostly designed for the non-member guests that people brought, to sell them on the idea of joining Medifast.  But, I enjoyed the success stories shown on 2 large screens at the front of the room and several stories presented by people in the audience as well as the 2 great speakers.  The man that opened the program, David Bush, said he was the Center that hiked the ball to Curt Warner, when he was with the Iowa Barnstomers!

Then they had another program after an intermission that was for people that wanted to be Health Coaches.  This looks like something I could really get interested in.  I found out though that to be one, you have to have one, so I have decided to join with the Health Coach that the others in my Church are linked with, Christi Scroggs.

On Saturday, I went with a group of Seniors from our Church to a Bible Conference in Atlantic, Iowa.  This was another challenge, food wise, but I took celery sticks and several bars, just in case.  I knew in advance what the menu was, so had to improvise a bit.  For lunch, they had Lemon Chicken over noodles, rolls, tomatoes, jello salads & cookies.  I skipped everything except for 3 tomato slices and 2 Chicken patties.  I had to scrape the breading off of the Chicken patties, so, with some Ice Tea with ice to chew on,  I was able to stay OP! :)  For supper they had lunchmeat and bread to make sandwiches with and potato chips, jello salads and cookies.  I skipped it all and had a Oatmeal Raisin Crunch bar with some celery and my water.  Oh, after my lunch, I walked around the town for 25 minutes!

On the way home, they were eating chocolates from England or Ireland, but other than unwrapping one for the driver, I stayed away from them.  I did get several compliments for being strong enough to resist! :)

When I got home, I have my Green part in the form of a salad.

I'm going to try making a Taco Salad for my supper tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment