Thursday, August 11, 2011

Starting Off......



I am 100% Danish and my name is Don, hence "Danedon"
A little about myself:

I just started last Friday and got weighed this morning for the first time since starting and lost 12 lbs my first week! Actually just 6 days, but I was cutting down last Thursday.
I have tried many different diets like Low Carb, Low Fat, Atkins & Weight Watchers. I lost 111 lbs in 14 months on WW in 1976, but put it all back on plus when they changed the program and I got discouraged. I've gone back to WW several times but never had the same success, I think mainly because it isn't as regimented as it was back then.

Recently I lost 30 lbs from my highest weight of 367, by not eating after supper, but had put 10 of that back on. I have friends in our church that are on MF, one man which has lost 61 lbs in 10 weeks and that got me motivated to give this a try. I really like that I get to set my goal, not the Metropolitan Insurance Company's unrealistic weight chart that most Diet Plans use! The idea that EVERY man in the world that is 6' 3" can weigh the same is ludicrous! Humans are not clones of one another; each is different in may different ways, structurally.

I am 69 and retired. My wife, Maryann, and son, Darby, and I live in Des Moines, Iowa 6 months and in Florida 6 months during the winter as snowbirds! My wife has been in remission for 7 years from Non-Hodgkin’s T-Cell 30 Lymphoma. Our son is Down Syndrome and is 39.
My last job was IT with Nationwide Insurance here in Des Moines.


2 days ago I made the Muffins that make 6 meals, from 2 Pudding, 2 Eggs & 2 Oatmeal. Really great! Tonight I made the Cauliflower Pizza~! Awesome! I keep thinking I'm cheating! LOL! I let my wife taste the pizza and she said, "Maybe I should go on this diet!"

Muffin Recipe

2 pkgs oatmeal
2 pkgs eggs
2 pkgs pudding or shake (vanilla) I used the pudding.
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup water

Spray muffin tin with PAM.
Divide batter between 6 muffin tins.
Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
Each muffin is one Mf meal.

Cauliflower Pizza

Steam some fresh or frozen cauliflower first, just until tender but not mushy. Drain and let it cool completely. Then use a ricer or a cheese grater to grate the cauliflower to make 1 measuring cup full (not packed).

Mix 1 c grated cauliflower with 1/4c Eggbeaters (or 1 egg), 1/2 tsp oregano and 1/2c shredded low moisture part-skim mozzarella cheese. (You can use reduced fat; I used Tillamook pre-shredded). Spread this mixture on a cookie sheet that has been *generously* sprayed with Pam. I use Reynolds Non-Stick Release Aluminum. Use a spatula and spread/pat it into a circle about 10" or so around. Put this into a preheated 440 degree oven for 12-15 minutes, until it is very nicely browned. The edges should look almost burnt.

Take the crust out of the oven (if you used parchment, slide it off and remove the paper at this point) and top with 3T of your favorite no-sugar-added pizza sauce. Then sprinkle with 1/2 c. shredded mozzarella. You can now add your favorite pizza toppings. If you want a Lean & Green meal you should add 1/4 c veggies... I used diced canned tomatoes. Otherwise, add whatever you like: turkey pepperoni, black olives, peppers, mushrooms, etc.

Put back into the oven under the broiler, watching carefully, just until cheese is melted. Remove from the oven and cut into wedges. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment